Thursday, January 24, 2013

Author Spotlight : Kimberly Knight


Kimberly Knight Interview




Spencer Marshall was done moping. After catching her boyfriend cheating with his secretary, she decides to have a girl's weekend in Vegas with her best friend Ryan. Lady Luck must be looking out for Spencer, because that weekend will change her life forever. Despite what people say, not everything stays in Vegas.



Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest |

 | Amazon US | Amazon UK | Smashwords |  
Kobo | Barnes & Noble |




Firstly thank you for taking the time to do this interview with me for Whirlwindbooks, I thought I would jump right in and ask what inspired you to write?

 Thank you for inviting me and I am happy to be here! So like most of us, I have read many, many, many books this past year. While reading, I joked around with my friend that we should write a book. We brainstormed and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to try writing. Where I Need to Be is nothing like what we brainstormed but it got my brain working that’s for sure.
I loved your book! I was just curious how did the idea for where I need to be come about?
 Thank you! Well as I mentioned above, I was brainstorming/joking with a friend and the story just came together. When I first started writing, I didn’t know how I wanted it to go. I am still amazed how everything lined up to flow in the book.
Did you always know this was going to be a part of a trilogy?
 I did actually and honestly if my fans want a 4th book, I won’t be opposed to writing it. I feel that if an author has a good enough storyline and people want more, then they should give it to them…right?
How did you find the support from other Authors? I have always been curious if it is a welcoming world or if you have to gain respect to be considered a part of it.
 It is definitely a welcoming world. I would not be where I am today if it weren’t for some of the best authors that gave me so much advice and tips. I am so grateful for them and happy to help all new authors too. How else are you going to learn and get yourself out there?
How much of the book came from your imagination and how much came from real people and experiences?
 Most of it came from imagination. I just based Christy off of a person I know in real life. Not everything but most of the crazy stuff Christy did in the book, she did in real life, lol.
If you were to cast a movie for the book, who would you pick to play who?
 Well on my Facebook page I said I would cast Lucy Hale as Spencer, Jessie Pavelka as Brandon and Mila Kunis as Ryan. But I also like Ashley Green for Spencer and maybe Chris Evans as Brandon. Oh if you check out my pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/authorkknight/where-i-need-to-be/ you can see my choices.
Do you have any other books planned that are not related to this series?
 I do! I have seven more in my head and I also want to do Brandon’s POV. The next book I will publish will not be the 3rd of the B&S series but a book that I am using Joe Marvullo as my Muse.
Thank you again for taking the time to answer my Questions!
 Anytime! Thank you for thinking of me :)
Quick Questions –
Next 5 reads in your TBR pile: This changes daily but Down to Me, Up to You, Hopeless, Leave Me Breathless and Come Away with Me.
Top 5 books to be released you are anticipating the most:
Entwined with You, Consumed, Reckless, Walking Disaster and Hot Ticket.
Favourite ice-cream flavour:
Mint Chocolate Chip
Country you most want to visit:
France


No comments:

Post a Comment