Thursday, November 22, 2012

Amy McClung, Cascades of Moonlight - Review.


Parker Harris was a normal teenage girl with a normal teenage life. Until two years ago, when she was bitten by a werewolf and forced to endure the painful shifting each month during the full moon. She has had to keep this secret from everyone she loves. One day a stranger enters her small town and knows her secret, although she has never told a living soul about it. Nothing ever happens in the small town of Cascade Idaho and new people rarely move in. It’s Parker’s senior year now and two new faces show up in town and shortly after their arrival there is a brutal murder, the first in Cascades history

This review is a little difficult for me as I was given a copy of the book to review by the author and because as much as I like reading paranormal books this one just didn't completely sit well with me, it had the potential to be a great story the idea behind it was there but unfortunately the writing skill just wasn't quite there and I felt as though it was dragged out when you wanted to reach the point, there was also some repetition in what was said that took away from the overall point.

This book just needed a good read of Beta readers and a ruthless editor that was willing to work with the Author to get to the story underneath. Yes when you read a book you want detail and suspense but you also don't want it to feel as though the story line is going off on a tangent. 

Overall I did like the character of Parker, she just needed that extra umph to push her through to being relate able to the reader.

I was able to finish this book and it wasn't horrible or anything like that I think it is a good first attempt at a novel and I respect that, the writing style just needs some refinement.

Overall I would give this book 3/5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment